► MySQL Community Server Setup (Server Only)
MySQL Installer is an installation package that simplifies the installation of MySQL for Windows operating systems. During installation, you can install any of the products included in the package and shown below. The only difference of the MySQL Installer package from the MySQL Community Server package is that it contains additional products as shown below in addition to MySQL Server:
MySQL Server MySQL Workbench MySQL Connectors Connectors/Net Connectors/ODBC Connectors/Java Connectors/C Connectors/C++ MySQL Samples and Examples MySQL Documentation
All products included in the installation package are available in 32 and 64 bit versions. The version appropriate for your system is automatically installed.
1. First, download the MySQL Installer package from the MySQL official site :
2. Click "Install MySQL Products" in the following window when you run the file with the .msi extension you downloaded:
3. Click the "Next" button after checking the section that shows you accept the license terms in the window below:
4. Click the "Execute" button in the window that comes up. If you are connected to the internet, the program will search for the latest package contents and update the installation package. If you have just downloaded the MySQL Installer package, no updates will be made.
5. The program connects to the internet and takes the necessary actions. Click the "Next" button in the window that comes up.
6. This section provides 5 different options for installation:
Developer Default : An option where all package content is installed. Server only : Only an option where Server is installed. Client only : It is an option where all package content is installed except for the server. Full : An option where all package content is installed. Custom : It is an option that allows the packages to be installed to be selected by the user.
Here, we select the Developer Default option and press the "Next" button. You can change the option to suit your needs.
7. The program controls the programs that should be available on your system depending on the type of installation selected here. If it finds a deficiency, it downloads and installs. When done, press "Next" button.
8. Start the installation by clicking the "Execute" button in the window that comes up:
9. After all installations are finished, click the "Next" button.
10. After configuring the products shown in the window, click the "Next" button.
11. After selecting the "Developer Machine" option, click the "Next" button.
12. Check the "Enable TCP / IP Networking" and "Create Windows Service" options in the window that comes up. Enter a port number (3306) in "Port Number" and a service name in "Windows Service Name". After entering the password, select the options and click the "Next" button.
13. Press the "Finish" button in the window that comes up.