MySQL is an open source database system used in systems such as Windows, Unix and OS / 2. Those who want to use this system for commercial purposes, which users can use for free, can benefit from the service for a certain fee. As an example, when you create a wordpress blog, all the content you add to the blog is securely stored here thanks to the database you create. As you add content, registration continues automatically.
It is used more commonly in Unix systems since it is used mostly on web pages with the extension '.php' via scripts available.
MySQL developers say that users can store their 100 GB data, tables and millions of records contained in this data, users can store in MySQL. It is understood from the description of the developers that MySQL is a reliable system. Since web pages such as r10.net and frmtr.com have a lot of users, the amount of data that should be kept as such is large. Firms like this and others entrust their data to MySQL.
The MySQL system, which is constantly updated, closes its shortcomings and provides new services by adding new features. You can visit MySQL's official site (https://www.mysql.com/) to perform downloads, new news, and purchases.
MySQL Database Capabilities
The purpose of the database systems is to ensure that the data, which can not be placed in the lines of code and have variable values, is stored under appropriate conditions and accessed to the desired data when requested. Users send queries to MySQL, a software installed on the server, through their dynamic code pages. Thus, they interact with the database.
1. Easy Query Infrastructure: Large scripts of MySQL allow users to make dozens of different queries. In addition, the descriptions of the scripts owned by the software are explained in detail on the web pages and supported by many examples.
2. Strong Character Set Support: Designed to store all languages and alphabets in the world, MySQL provides great convenience in transitions between alphabets. As an example, when writing code pages, UTF-8 or 1259-9 character sets are used to show Turkish characters on their internet pages. These characters sets and thousands are supported by MySQL.
3. MyISAM Engine Technology: Thanks to MyISAM engine technology, full view searches of the information contained in the database can be made. In other words, MySQL is a special system developed for internal search.
4. Query Caching: It caches users' previous searches and sends them to the page faster for later searches and using the server's processor less.
5. phpmyAdmin Interface: MySQL software installed on the servers by web hosting companies is the front-end software that will be shown to users. Thanks to phpmyAdmin, you can access your database, view information, change it, and adjust settings.
MySQL Database and Hosting Technology
Many servers and web hosting companies, especially those using Linux operating systems, now offer MySQL software as a database to their customers. MySQL, which is completely complete and provides quality service to users at all levels, is accepted as the number one software of hosting companies in the commercial sense.
Shared hosting packages of a single database installed on the server provide services that are separated into hundreds of different websites, thanks to MySQL, which allows all users to work in separate settings and features without interfering with each other.
Web Software Compatible with MySQL
The subject that web hosting companies pay the most attention to is the wide range of products with the convenience they provide to their customers. So what are these products in the hosting industry and what does it mean for users?
Forum, blog, social media sites, shopping sites, guest books, dynamic websites, discount coupon sites, etc. The sites are the best known interface types in this area. These software make up more than 80 percent of the internet world. One of the most important software for people who want to set up a site and seek hosting is database software. MySQL is the first software that comes to mind in this regard. Among the web software you can install with MySQL;
- Forum: Drupal, phpbb, smf, Invision Power Board, vbulettin, mybb etc. software can be run with MySQL.
Blog and CMS: The most preferred blog software is WordPress and database technology is used in CMS systems such as Typo3, Jumbo.
- Shopping Site: Oscommerce, zendcard, Magento etc. important shopping software can be run with MySQL.
- Social Media Sites: phpFox, mooSocial, Media Scripts, Oxwall etc. social media software can be run with MySQL.
- Discount Coupon Systems: CouponPress, one of the most important add-ons in this field, works in perfect harmony with MySQL software.
- Gallery and Picture Systems: Zenphoto, greybox, triptracker etc. Systems that work with visual software can use MySQL database.
Important MySQL Commands
- Select: Sets the main table headings to be selected from the database.
- Update: Updates the information in the table.
- Delete: Deletes the selected information.
- Insert: Transfers information to the selected table.
- Order: Sorts the information in the specified columns.
- Limit: It is used to bring information to a specified extent.
Where: Targeting for information. It determines which information in the cell is selected.